Tuesday, October 1, 2013

~ White On White Minimalism ~

                            

               for this assignment we were to take white objects and put them in a situation with a white background. To get the white object to be its correct color in the photo, you must adjust your white balance according to the lighting, and overexpose the image. i found shots at different angles needed different exposures, sometimes less, sometimes more. my shutter speed was set to the lowest it could go, and my ISO was set between 200 and 400. The subject we used in class were white roses against a solid white background. these are my own photographs, but they have not yet been edited because Photoshop uninstalled its self on my computer somehow :(  I will be uploading my personal white on white subject pictures soon once i am able to edit again at home!!









1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting that the cameras picked up the slight green in the petals and made them much darker. I think the slight presence of natural light caused this to happen. If it was a closed studio with only studio lights you would not get any yellow cast. Also you could have moved the exposure compensation dial up a notch and the white background would be as light as it actually was. These are not easy photographs to take, although you'd think it is just a snap-click away!

    ReplyDelete