Monday, April 14, 2014

ALTERNATIVE PROCESS: FINISH-END PT. 1

my first step in creating an amazing work using an alternative process, began with an idea. This final product could not be a flat image. My inspiration was this beautiful hand mirror i remember as a child exploring my great aunts bedroom. This mirror has bumps, and ridges, lines and details. and meaning. my other inspiration came from a photograph on my fridge. i walk by this photo of my long time deceased grandmother everyday, and think nothing of it, but its quite different for my mother. My mom walks by that picture everyday and tells her that she loves and misses her everyday. I decided i wanted to do something nice for my mom, its not too often me or anyone does that. I wanted my mom to be able to look at herself, and see her mother. this beautiful thought was quite hard to physically produce though. will talk about my process and struggles next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment