Monday, October 14, 2013

Henri Cartier Bresson



Henri was a french photographer, thought to be the father of modern photojournalism. He was born August 22, 1908, in France. Bresson became inspired by a 1930 photograph by Martin Munkacsi, a photojournalist. He says "The only thing which completely was an amazement to me and brought me to photography was the work of Munkacsi. When I saw the photograph of the black kids running in a wave I couldn't believe such a thing could be caught with a camera. I said damn it, took my camera and went out into the street." He also covered the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth as his first photojournalism work to be published in 1937.


photograph of Alberto Giacometti
I like this photograph because it reminds me of a get away scene in an old movie.







Valencia, Spain, 1933
this image just seems strong





No comments:

Post a Comment